Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes
Set Up and Action:
- Stand with feet shoulder length apart.
- Keep the head and back straight, tighten your abdominals/core, pick the barbell up with an overhand grip and lift to your shoulders.
- Your palms should be facing forward or up.
- Keep the back straight and squat down, pushing the buttocks back.
- At the same time you are squatting, raise the barbell above your head (overhead press).
- Squat until your knees are at 90 degrees.
- Return to straight back, barbells at shoulders and repeat.
Injury Prevention Tip:
Knee Injury Prevention – Do not let the knees move over the toes. The knees should not cover the toes.
Shoulder Injury Prevention – Avoid heavy weight amounts when doing an overhead press to reduce the amount of stress to the shoulder joints and muscles.