Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Set Up and Action:
- Grasp dumbbells and sit on the end of the incline bench with your feet firmly planted on the floor.
- Tighten the abdominal/core muscles and lay on your back.
- Keep the dumbbells and inch outside of shoulder length and just off your chest.
- The elbow should be bent at 90 degrees and the arms out to the sides.
- Push the dumbbells straight up until arms are straight, and return to the start position.
Injury Prevention Tip:
Shoulder Injury Prevention – Do not use a heavy weight that will pull down on the anterior shoulder joint. Don’t let the elbows dip down more than an inch past your back.