The Olympics are right around the corner and we are all gearing up for some physical and athletic inspiration! If you want to try out your Olympic speed then you will want to add these 6 drills to your Olympic inspired workouts!
Speed, agility and quickness (SAQ) drills are much needed in the Olympic Games no matter what sport you are performing (With the exception of maybe Archery). If you want the speed and athletic ability of an Olympian, then start your workouts off right with this fast paced SAQ warm-up.
Do These 6 Drills Continuously, Then Repeat 1-5 More Times!
1. Jog 10 Steps Bringing Each Knee As High As You Can.
1. Jog 10 Steps Bringing Each Heel to the Buttocks.
High Knees and Butt Kicks Combo
1. Jog 2 Steps with 2 High Knee Kicks Immediately Followed by Two Butt Kicks.
2. Repeat for 10 High Knees and 10 Butt Kicks
The 3 Step
1. 3 Steps Forward and 1 Step Backward on Left (right, left, right and then step back with the left foot)
2. 3 Steps Forward and 1 Step Backward on Right (left, right, left and back on the right foot)
3. 3 Steps Backward and 1 Step Forward on Left (right, left, right and then forward with the left foot)
4. 3 Steps Backward and 1 Step Forward on Right (left, right, left and then forward with the right foot)
1. Jog 10 Steps Forward and 10 Side Shuffles to the Right
2. Jog 10 Steps Back Pedaling and 10 Side Shuffles to the Left
3. Jog 10 Steps Forward and 10 Side Shuffles to the Left
4. Jog 10 Steps Back Pedaling and 10 Side Shuffles to the Right
45 Degree Cuts
1. Jog 5 Steps in a 45 Degree Direction to the Right, Then Pivot and Cut and Do The Same Left.
2. Repeat 10 Times Each Side.
3. This Should Be Performed in a Zig-Zag Motion Going Forward.
Categories : How to Workout