1. In a lunge format, pivot on the ball of the left foot and drop the left heel as close to the floor as you can. Beginners can stay in this position or can turn the toes out about 45 degrees from the heel of the left foot.
2. Bend the right knee so that it is directly over the right ankle, your knee is not crossing over the toes and your thigh is parallel to the floor.
3. Draw the right hip back and the left hip forward, squaring the hips to the front.
4. Bring the arms up so that the palms are facing each other and slightly extend the head so that you are looking up.
5. Move into a slight backbend.
7. Bring the shoulder blades back and down.
8. Breath in through the nose and out through the mouth.
9. Hold for 3-10 full breaths and repeat on the opposite side.
Categories : How To Stretch