With all the different types of “Diets” out there today it is easy to get them all confused. I have broken down the Paleo Diet concepts for you in the simplest of terms. You should start doing some of these tips each week until you are full blown Paleo!
What is it?
The Paleo diet tries to capture the ancestral way of eating and living. This means eating fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, beans, fish and so on. Processed foods was never intended to be a part of our diet. We were made to live off the land. We were not made to live off fast food restaurants.
Why would you want to do it?
There is strong research that shows that our ancestors were not suffering from the same types of diseases we do today, such as obesity, heart disease, and even cancer. Though they may have been suffering from other ailments, other than starvation, food and it’s affects on the immune system was not a factor of their death rates.
Cleaning or cleansing our immune system of the “man made” foods and getting back to the food of the land is the only way to fight back against your failing immune system and health and start feeling good again.
Tips to becoming Paleo:
1. Not everyone can start a garden, so start picking out the freshest foods, optimally organic, from your local market.
2. You can’t go all out Paleo in this society, so stick with the 80/20 rule and be Paleo 80% of the time.
3. Start drinking water and stop drinking soda’s
4. Start eating fresh fruit, and mix in some fruits you haven’t had in a while, like mango (This doesn’t mean start eating processed items that say they contain fresh fruit)
5. Start eating veggies of all kinds, explore and experiment
6. Start eating fresh quality grade fish
7. Start eating pure grains
8. Start eating beans and nuts (Legumes)
9. Eat 5-6 small meals a day and watch your portions
10. Eat more good fats (beans, nuts, avocados, and olive oil)
Above all, always remember this is for your health on the inside first. Once the inside starts to look and feel better then the outside has no choice but to follow.
Dr Tonya Ingalls, D.C.
Categories : Fitness News