My friends and I have been doing this, and its keeps us fit and close. We set up a fun, sometimes funny, “contract” of 11 or more games to be played over an extended period of time. We have teams and we play each other. The winner of the whole contest gets a very yummy meal made for them or at the restaurant of their desire. This keeps you and your family active, competitive and close.
THIS AGREEMENT is made this __ day of ______, 20__ between ___________ and ____________.
1. Familyathon: Each party hereby agrees to all events and prizes that will be commencing on date of this contract and to continue hereof for an indefinite period.
2. Location: Each party will agree upon destinations of events and will be aware of any “home-court” or “home-cooking” advantages.
3. Rules: During the period of the “Familyathon”, each team shall:
3.1 Observe and conform to all the laws, professional standards and customs of the Familyathon that are agreed upon by both teams.
3.2 Pick and agree upon team names, colors and uniforms.
3.3 Comply with the pre-established rules of each event, which are set forth at each event before beginning the event.
3.4 Render to the winning Familyathon team a full meal, not including drinks, at the location and restaurant of the winning team’s choice.
3.5 Refrain from offensive language and behavior.
3.6 Comply with all other provisions of this agreement.
3.7 No trade zone. Each team member shall remain on the team. No substitutes.
4. Absence, Illness and Vacation: In case of foreseeable absence, each team member shall endeavor to give the other team members and opposing team no less than four (4) hours prior notice thereof; if team member is incapacitated for a period exceeding thirty (30) days, this Agreement may be terminated at the option of the opposing team.
5. Insurance: Each team is responsible for the continuation of health insurance. Any injuries that occur during the time of the event are the problem of that particular player.
6. Termination: This agreement may be terminated only upon prior written notice of no less than thirty (30) days.
7. Prize: Tell them what they won Bob…..a free night out on the town. The “loser” shall accompany (with laughter and smiles) and supply the currency for a night at the restaurant and food of the “winning” team’s choice. All rations (including appetizers and dinner foods) will be purchased by the “losers”, with the exception of alcohol.
8. Events: Events will be played in no particular order. Each event, unless otherwise noted, will be a best of three (3) series. Once one best of three (3) series is played, the team with a 2/3 ratio will receive one (1) point for that event. If it is not a best of three series, then the contract will state otherwise and the rules of points will be applied accordingly. Once all events are played to full series and the Familyathon is complete, all points are added up for each team and the team with the most (>) points receives the ultimate prize. There are 10 games in all and one very cool tie breaker (come on tie breaker!).
a. Basketball – best of three (3) series. Each game to 21.
b. Tennis – best of three (3) series. Normal tennis rules apply.
c. Corn-hole – best of three (3) series. Each Game to 10.
d. Bowling – best of three (3) series. Normal bowling rules apply. Each team member scores are added together to a total score for each series. High score of team wins that series and is applied a point. 2/3 points wins series.
e. Pool – best of three (3) series. Normal pool rules apply. Each team member plays and the game is played in boy/girl order.
f. Putt Putt best of one (1) series. Normal Put Put/Putt Putt rules apply. Each team member scores are added together to a total score for the series. Low score of team wins that series and is applied a point.
g. Volleyball – best of three (3) series. Normal volleyball rules apply. Each game to 21.
h. Soccer – shoot out. Each team member gets 5 kicks. Girl against girl, boy against boy. Each team member scores are added together to a total score. High score of team wins.
i. Shuffleboard – we are not 80 years old and are unsure of the rules and regulations of this event. This will be discussed further.
j. 5k relay – best of one (1) series. Team scores are added up. Team with the lowest time wins. Girls against girls, boys against boys.
k. Flip cup – used only if needed as a tie-breaker. Best of three (3) series. 2/3 wins the series. Normal flip-cup rules apply. Brent will drink “water” during this round.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement at the day and date first above written.
You can see that this takes time to finish and complete, so it is something you and your kids can look forward to. Make sure to keep it fun, enjoyable and their choice to participate. Pick team colors and team names, make a season schedule. You can even plan for the activity to take place before or after your hometown team’s games!
Categories : How To Live