Fitness and Nutrition come with a lot of excuses, but realize that if you don’t have the time now to be healthy, you won’t have the time later in life to live. Make the time, make it a priority. The following tips are here to help you eliminate the most common of the barriers and excuses associated with health, fitness and life in general.
Barrier/Excuse #1 – “I don’t have the time.”
1. Get up earlier for a 30 min. workout and do more on the weekends
2. When you aren’t at the gym, be creative:
- Park far away
- Take the stairs
- Take walks on your breaks
- Have a family fun day on the weekends
- Play with the kids outside instead of watching TV
- Go for a bike ride instead of _________ (you insert one of the useless things we all have a habit of doing)
- Take the dog for a walk
3. Do the chores
- Inside chores like sweeping, mopping, dusting and laundry can burn calories
- Outside chores like mowing the grass, raking the leaves, shoveling the snow or working in the garden can burn calories
4. Watch the TV AND watch the weight – Exercise while watching TV
- Walk on the treadmill
- Do core exercises
- Jumping jacks and other plyometrics
Barrier/Excuse #2 – “I hate exercising.” or “It is boring.”
1. BE CREATIVE – Find the things you like, get rid of the ones you don’t.
2. Change routines often. Change the order of the routine. Do plyometrics instead of weights one day. Play a game.
3. Workout with friends/co-workers. Walk together, workout together or join group fitness classes.
Excuse/Barrier #3 – “I’m too lazy.”
1. Set realistic goals. When do you have energy in the day and plan to workout then. Look at it as a priority (like a meeting) and block off the time
Barrier/Excuse #4- “I can’t afford it.”
1. You can’t afford not to do it!!! How much is your health and life worth to you? On average, you can save around $150 a month just by changing your grocery list
2. BE CREATIVE: Realize what you are spending and what you are spending it on
Barrier/Excuse #5 – “I work for a living. There’s no energy after work.”
1. No energy = failing health. Exercise and nutrition increase your energy. Once you start the program, your body will get use to the new demands, and then you will start to gain energy.
2. BE CREATIVE: Exercise in the morning, during lunch break walks etc.
Categories : How To Live